Sunday 30 October 2011

Whoop Whoop Open Mic UK !


Well folks after joining the cloth Cat guitar course i started writing songs again ... I asked Ansley my wicked guitar teacher if he would help me on a couple of chords i was struggling with for some of my songs .When he came round to help me and heard some of my songs , he asked if i had anymore ... so i sang about 10 songs - mum said i was like a human jukebox ! Ansley recorded them on his phone and took them home to work on some .... One in particually he said he could not get out of his head was the song " Why " . When Ansley came back a week later my song had change from me playing awkward chords to a beautiful finger picked style ... gorgeous and he taught me how to play it .

Mum saw a Competition on the internet "OPEN MIC UK " and asked me if i fancied doing it ...
why not i thought ... So i asked Ansley to play my song "why " for me at the auditions.

We went to Dewsbury Town Hall - did the audition , 200 apparently auditioned and we got to the judges 25 to go to through to the Regional finals ...
and guess what we got through that one too !!!! down to the Judges top 8 ....We are now at the Area finals on Dec 11th 2011 - message me on Facebook if you would like tickets to support me !

Now this Open Mic Uk isnt just any old singing competition - they are looking for a recording artist ..
the winner wins £30,000 investment and a record deal - the Judges are industry Judges from BBC radio 1 and many A n R Judges etc ... a previous winner was the gorgeous " Birdy " who hit the charts with a cover of Bon Ivers " skinny Love" ... so this comp is pretty good stuff !!
Winning Performance at the Regionals !




We had 3 minutes to do a cover and an original - I did my own version of " Nothin Compares 2 U" .. regae / folk style and the judges loved it ... i also sang "Fall for you " my own original .. both shortened versions to fit in with the time needed.

Area Finals here we come !!! One step away from performing at the 02 in London ( indigo arena) and competing with the rest of the UK for that Record Deal - as they say ....
In it to win it !!!


Ok so im not overly keen on the pics and after seeing them went on a diet !!!


Image is really important i wanted to stand out .. so spent the
evening before putting rollers in my hair !!!
You should have seen the state of it on the morning of the regionals
... i had an afro !!!
Now if theres one thing we really want to do - its perform at the 02 in London !
Ansley has a wicked beard - the compare even mentioned it in the show - tut stealing
my thunder it was !!! Ha ha !
Next Heat .
Area Finals 11th December 2011 - 4.30 (sunday )
at Dewsbury Town Hall

If you would like to support me and come to the show ,
you can leave a comment on
my FaceBook Band page - click here to go .
and i can arrange the tickets for you xx


Oh and if you can click the LIKE button on there and pass the link around that
would be WICKED! x

No comments:

Post a Comment